The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Anyone from NW Indiana?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #52
chevyguy8893
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHerr
Chesterton here, folks! Love the Ark, glad to have Pet Haven near, but equipment prices too high and no turnover on chemicals. Need to try the Valpo places.
I've got a 55gal fresh, mostly tetras and danios. Using low-tech EI approach with 130w lighting.

Looking for some plants, especially foreground low carpet cover. Ideas?

Any aquarium groups in the area?
It is great to see another another active person on here from the area . I haven't found any freshwater aquarium groups around here, there is the GCCA in the Chicago area though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedTankLover View Post
The Coral Reef in valpo has good prices. I'm picking up a 4x3 of dwarf baby tears later today for only 5.50. Small store, but they will get anything for you, very nice, GREAT customer service. I was in there once and they kept the store open for me while I did some shopping (I had no idea that it was past the closing time). Great people there.
I completely agree, they all very nice. Some of my fish came from there too and they do well. There may still be a couple bunches of proserpinaca palustris left that I had ordered in a couple weeks ago, it is a great looking stem plant .
chevyguy8893 is offline   Reply With Quote