The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - First real attempt at aquascape ~5 gallon
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
bluestems
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
thanks for the awesome reply! i jsut posted update pics before i saw your post, let me know what you think of my updates.

Ill be taking all of your suggestions into consideration, as i plan on going to my local store tomorrow to see what i can find.

forgot to mentions i have an assortment of java ferns as well, and have had no luck tying down yet.
I figured we crossed posts. I like the balance the tank has now. It's kinda hard to see what varieties the crypts that you have are, so it's probably not good for me to suggest planting them in the back when I really am unsure of how big they'll get. Did you keep the riccia?

I haven't ever scaped with java fern, so I'm of no help to you there!

On the CFL, try to find one that includes the spectrum on the label... you'll want one in the 6000K range. Often times the ones labeled 'plant grow' bulbs will be the correct spectrum and then you match the wattage to the amount of intensity you want. The 'daylight' bulbs don't always have the right spectrum. Here's one that I've used successfully.

Have fun at the fish store tomorrow!

my little eden
7g nano, a work in progress

cherry shrimp vase

3g semi-emersed bowl

bluestems is offline   Reply With Quote