Originally Posted by mistergreen
Cool find. I never touch the stuff.
Next time you get green water, accelerate their growth. Blast it with light. They'll consumer all the nutrients and die off.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
But wouldn't dying algae provide nutrients for the still surviving algae, which would reproduce, more algae, some dying to feed still surviving?
I hate to admit it but, I've gotten rid of green water several times using flocculents such as SeaChem Clarity. I had to constantly exchange the micropad in the filter but it did work. Fortunately, I didn't lose any fish. Anyway, I learned not to disturb more than a third of the substrate at any one time so, I haven't had green water in years.