The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mitch P's 75 Gallon Jungle ( UPDATED 2/9/13)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #19
mitch p
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaparte View Post
Solid start! I'm going to be setting up a similar 75g jungle in March so I'll be very interested to see how yours progresses. Please post plenty of updates!

I've got a couple of questions:

Love rams. Never had any, though, because my other tank has shrimp. Are rams really mellow enough to hang with fancy guppies?

You're dropping an impressive dime on gear and set up but if you don't mind my saying so, your plant choice seems a little predictable. Have you thought about popping for something less common? Hygro pinnatifida and Crypt nuhrii Pahang Mutated get tossed around this forum a lot, but there are so many other options. Filling a gorgeous set up like yours with swords and ludwigias seems like a missed opportunity to me. (But I'm a hopeless plant snob so ignore me if you like.)

Seriously, though, I can't wait to see how your tank fills out!

As for the rams: Rams are generally regarded as one of the most peaceful and shy cichlids there are. However that being said, they can get aggressive during breeding time! Many people put them with tetras or guppies/danios etc. The more docile the tankmates they have, the more lively and comfortable they will be!

And heres my response to your plant question :

But of course! These are the current plants I had in my 15g. I did not pay for any extras yet! I will be gathering a BUNCH of plants now as a get more settled with this setup if you know what I mean. I just didn't want to drop a dime on plants and then not be prepared for them entirely! I actually talk a lot with a member on this forum known as BitfuuL and he is very helpful and has told me some plants to look into. Once this tank is completely settled, I will def be going for some more "out there" plants !!!!

Are there any plants that you are looking into by chance? I am not exactly versed in all the great plants there are .
mitch p is offline   Reply With Quote