The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 29g "Jagged Peaks"
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #26
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

so heres an update.

i adjusted that rock down a bit now its not poking out the top! and finaly got some plants in the tank. to start i added DHG in the majority of the tank with a few little bunches of hydrocotle siborthes here and there to fill in some open spots and get a little color transition between the grass. i feel hydrocotle spreads out really nice and gets some hight if u let it. you cant see a lot of if it but once it grows in it will be more then visible. then i added a few wrapped stones of fissdens to accent and divide the DHG from mid to foreground. im still planning on adding UG when i can to the foreground when ever some comes up again on the FS section. ether that or im going to have to go with HC witch i might do anyways. tho i have never tried UG in any of my tanks and want to take a go at it! seems like it takes off quickly from what ive read.

anyways all is well in the tank so far. going to do a water change tomorrow. been slacking on the start up process. i usually do a water change everyday for the first week. :/ have done a single one yet haha

but heres the pics notice the new HO light bulbs wooo, now its nice and bright. going to attach the hangers tomorrow to prop that fixture up!

_DSC6427 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6429 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6431 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6432 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6433 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6434 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6435 by marioman72, on Flickr
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote