The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DogFish's 40
Thread: DogFish's 40
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #94
Mostro
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

So now that you've had the G3 up and running as long as you have, what's your take on it? Would you choose it again if you had a closed stand where the aesthetics are not so important as they are with the open metal frame stand in your room? Do you find it "clogs" or requires cleaning of the pre-filter more than once a week? Reviews of the filter around the interwebs vary greatly.

I'm still vacillating between a 306 and a G3. I like the seemingly easy maintenance of the G3 but would be using it with a Hydor in-line heater AND a Sera Flore 500 reactor, the two of which in tandem will limit flow substantially, perhaps too much for even a little 17.4 gallon tank. It's hard to say without a frame of reference.

Hope this doesn't detract from your thread, perhaps I should open a new topic and kill this post if you'd prefer to not have the clutter here!

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings." óDave Barry
Mostro is offline   Reply With Quote