The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - NEW! ADA 60P "Tappenkarsee"
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Phusis_Eidos
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyy View Post
Your inspiration photo is similar to several terrific scapes that were in the top 200 IPALC this year. http://en.iaplc.com/results12/top200vote/ Use smaller plants behind and even tree shaped stem plants in front like #93.

If you want the scape to reflect the photo then the large rocks would be the mountains and you would have rolling hills of a larger scale ground cover in front and smaller to the rear. #134 might be the sort of thing you are looking.

I do like your current groupings though. What happens if you scoot the central group to the right a bit so it is better associated with the right hand group? The right hand group in front might be a bit larger than necessary too or perhaps the left hand group is a bit short. Depends on the height of the tank which way to go, right?
Thanks Kathyy!
Love the link to the IPALC! I made a few changes. I used a different rock for the back, and moved it to the right. I used some more paper to create some height, as though they were on soil. Aside from a few accent rocks that might find their way in I am 90% satisfied. I am trying to figure out how to pitch the substrate. I know typically the slope is on a downward angle from the back to front say 30-45 deg. To keep the scape with the photo I plan on having all corners pooling into the center, with the front area open and level for viewing. Does this make sense?

Thanks again for the suggestions! Much appreciated, cant wait to put this all together

"Natures
Form"

Phusis_Eidos is offline   Reply With Quote