The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone made the switch form cigarettes to e-cigs?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #16
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (83/100%)

I've been using ecigs for almost a year, and haven't touched a cigarette in 8 or so months. They work, but I don't like them for many reasons. One day I'll get tired of dealing with the ecigs and quit those too.

Don't bother with the drugstore or mall kiosk ecigs. They're no good, and way overpriced. Get yourself a manual power eGo ecig, and order the juices from vendors online. Check here for info, advice, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
Unfortunately, there's only been one (that I'm aware of, as of maybe 6 months ago) *independent* study involving the intake of nicotine via e-cigs. That study concluded that the inhalation of vaporized nicotine was a completely ineffective method of introducing nicotine to the bloodstream. As in, didn't work, not even a tiny bit.
It is a poor method to intake nicotine, but it still works. It doesn't hit you as fast, but will make you spin after a few puffs of strong eliquid.

Ecigs are a crutch for your habit, but shouldn't be a permanent fix. They should probably be used as an aid in quitting the addiction altogether. That's my goal anyway.
jflng is online now   Reply With Quote