The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone made the switch form cigarettes to e-cigs?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

The fact that e-cigs are a crutch doesn't bother me in the least. Even if it's an ineffective way to deliver nicotine, it's far more satisfying than gum or patches, which haven't worked even for a few hours with me, despite many, many attempts to quit over the years. And, hey, if it's a poor nicotine delivery system, even better. That means that I will be able to test clean for health insurance sooner.

The addiction is so ingrained into my psychology, I need to do whatever I can to get off of the cigarettes and this seems like a good option so far. I just started today, but was able to get away with only 3 cigarettes all day, when normally I would smoke about 30.

I started smoking at 15 years old, I'm now 31 and am back in college full time, getting ready to enter grad school for occupational therapy in a year and a half. I want to quit cigarettes before that time because it sets a bad precedent to work in a health career and be a smoker. I am also starting to feel the effects of smoking and I don't want to die of lung cancer or COPD.

I really hope this continues to work.
slavecorps is offline   Reply With Quote