The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Low Tech Dirted 26g bowfront "Cave into Darkness" *Updated 3/6 Pg 4*
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #26
mitchfish9
Planted Tank Nation

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightAddicted View Post
I like how the tank looks, that driftwood piece is amazing. Just trim the plants down so you can have the "cave" effect of the driftwood. The bowfront complements the big piece of driftwood and 30g might not since there wont be a bow in it. Honestly I would not waste your time with upgrading to a 30g because after couple of months of having that, you will want an even bigger tank. If your going to upgrade, wait for the $1 per gallon deal at petco and upgrade to a 40g breeder tank. That's the best deal unless you find something on craigslist at a deal.
Thanks. I probably wont bring that piece of dw to a new setup because it has so many little places where i can't clean, and I think it brings water quality down a little bit. And you bring up a great point about upgrading my tank. I love 40b's, except at 18 inches deep it would stick way too far out into my little room lol. But now you got me thinking. I might want a 38g... hmmmmm
mitchfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote