The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 30 gal riparium
Thread: 30 gal riparium
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
ecotanker
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)
Default 30 gal riparium

currently housing 7 clown killie fries, my daphnia, scuds, seed shrimps, rotifers culture, small ramshorn snails and some small species of free swimming worms.

the there is a black mesh/moss wall to screen off a section of the tanks as a safe haven for everything the fishes might eat.

my own modified recipe of EHS substrate, capped by a 1 inch layer of humus, then a 1+ inch layer of eco-complete.

plants includes two mini-orchids, dwarf blue bells, red mangroves, two type of pileas, various crypts and stems, some fissden moss, java fern, one lace plant and an anubia.

the light is a diamond plate 48" T8 fixture from home depot, using one full spectrum lamp, with a supposed CRI of 92

this tank is just a test run for a larger system that I have in mind. my ultimate goal is a semi-self sustaining system, with as little tech as possible
for my current location.

Now I am focussing on building a low maintenance marine tank, so will likely neglect doing anything to this tank for a while.

The first three pictures shows the plants, while the last two show the clown killie fries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullTankShot.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	59442  

Name:	LeftSide.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	59444