The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Anyone keep cichlids outside or any tropicals outside?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenifr View Post
There's a landscaper out in the Redlands that has cichlids in ponds and such outside at the business site. One of the guys that works there does the fish and that sort of thing, while the guy who owns (?) it does the landscaping plants and such. They don't seem to have issues with them dying, and with the giant hole in the ground/pond they have some of the fish in, I don't think they take them out in the winter.

Thanks I hate bringing them in because as you know you get a cold night or two than back to high 60s nights and low 80s days.

Tonight it is freak cold like 50 something degrees but than goes back up come sunday to high 60s at night.

I just put heaters in and set them at 68 lowest setting but if long term cold like we had few yrs back than will bring inside.

Have to say it is bit funny looking at set up empty tanks in garage but better safe than sorry and scuds and triops will have to suffice lol.Hyalella azteca
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote