The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - CBS issues
Thread: CBS issues
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
dhgyello04
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)

Ok everyone,
I need your expertise and hands on help. I have finally decided to start over on my CBS tank. Yes, I mean START OVER. I only have a few left from the 25 or so that I started with.

I need to rip this thing down to the bear glass and start from the beginning. I am too far into this project and way too obsessed with the CBS to stop.

So this is what I have as far as a blank canvas. I have a 20 gallon long with a standard (one bulb) T5 30Ē light. I have a small EHIEM canister filter, a Sponge filter ran off of a small power head, and a quiet flow HOB. Should I introduce an UGF to the mix? You and I can decide on which ones to use later. I would like to talk and ask about substrate. Which one is good for CBS? How do I prepare the substrate? How long does it need to soak before adding it to the tank?

Basically I am looking for a sample of your successful step by step in setting up and maintaining CBS or CRS. Please help and donít worry about ranting on about detail. I need the help. Thanks so much.

Don
dhgyello04 is offline   Reply With Quote