The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Adam's Low Tech 20 Gallon Tall *plant and shrimp help/advice needed!*
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Adam Kentucky
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy View Post
cool, another lexingtonian here.

Can't wait to see your tank progress. I usually cycle my tank a little longer by using the "fishless cycle" method.

Nice background idea, may steal your idea sometime in the future if you don't mind.
The water in Lexington is pretty hard, huh. I should have cycled just a bit long the day after I put the fish in I had a massive bacteria bloom. It seems that no harm was done though. All of the fish are happy and I was never able to detect any nitrites or nitrates ( I was testing morning and evening yesterday and today). Also, the bloom has completely cleared up today. BTW, keithy, feel free to repeat the background if you would like. I would be more than happy to provide you with any advice you may need.

Thanks for all the love, alipper and GMY!

BTW thank goodness no one has called me out on the fish pic! I actually have 3 white cloud mountain minnows and 2 pencilfish . I can't believe that I didn't notice at the pet store. The WCMM are raising hell while the pencilfish are laying low at the moment. I will have to get somemore pencilfish so they can feel more comfortable I guess.

Today I added 2 jungle val, java moss, and a new piece of driftwood. Full tank pics to come sometime next week when I get my tank light.