The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 29 Gallon Planted Tank
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Hey Grant Im also new to the planted tank world. I started a 40 gallon about a year and a half ago. Not sure about your lights I bought led lights. I had 2 hang on back filters they worked fine for about a year then I replaced them with a canister. If you can find a canister I think in the long run thats your best bet. I tried the home made co2 and for me it was just a mess so I just bought a co2 and get it filled every few months. If your going to have fish you will need a co2 drop checker relativity cheap but you need one so you dont gas your fish. Soil everyone likes different types you can buy soil made for planted tanks or you can buy other kinds if you buy reg substrate you may want to add some fertilizer tablets. You will also need fertilizer for your plants. I use liquid it cost more but since Im new they are safer. Plants my experiences with red plants hasnt been good. They always die I do think they are more difficult then the green but there are so many different shades of green plants that I dont miss them. Im sure more experience folks will be able to shed more light on your post good luck
partobe is offline   Reply With Quote