The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 6.6 build, beginning first aquascape (lots of pics)
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Vandiggity
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ok, had to redo the co2 entry point. Where it was initially inside the refugium above the pump just made the pump suck air. Now it's in the tank near the inlet. With the pump on low, a bubble just kind of hovers in the water above the pump until it disperses.

Soooo, it's a tight fit.......but I'm pretty sure I can get the heater in there!

While the sponge filters do make a lot of noise, the tank is very clear already.

The small light on top of the refugium is a reef thing. Lots of reef people use their refugium to grow macroalgae (on purpose no less!) for it's beneficial properties. The Finnex folks had a package deal where if you bought the 10" fugeray with the refugium, you got a discount. They also set up a deal with the little water pump. It was almost free if you bought it with the refugium too. For now the little light has ended up on Mr. Grumpy's betta tank until I find a need for it on the refugium.

Here is a pic of the tank up and running. Going to start planting tomorrow after work!
Vandiggity is offline   Reply With Quote