The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - So Maybe I Have A (20L) Shrimp Problem…
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #232
phoenixkiller
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
One of the best breeders? HA! I appreciate the kind words but I'm just like everyone else on the forum - a hobbyist. I may breed more than the importers but it's just for fun.

Aquasoil tanks usually take 4-6 weeks to be ready for shrimp. That's about how long I cycle all my other shrimp tanks regardless of substrate (when the tank is new), so it's not too much of a hassle.

Crystals will do fine in pH of 5-6.5, so I wouldn't worry about it. There's no need to treat RO/DI water with prime, though.
Not the right wording, I was just quickly typing some stuff so I could get some sleep. I should have said "You look like you know what you are doing, so...". I sure want to be able to have a bustling CRS colony like yours, that's all I was trying to say.

Eh, that's how long I thought all tanks took to cycle. On my first tank I didn't know about cycling at all and therefore didn't measure the cycling process time, and I insta-cycled my 55 and other 10g with seeded media (Took only a few days with each, mini-cycle only, no major cycle).

I really don't mean to thread-jack, but one more question: I always thought if pH bottomed out, it would stall the cycle, is that true?? I don't want the cycle to take longer than it has to.

Thanks bro!

P.S. lemme know if you ever have clippings of the moss, looks better than ADA tanks... beautiful!!!
Grow shrimp twice
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote