The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Need to Pick Your Brains on a Water Feature for a Terrarium
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

ok, here's what i am thinking. get yourself a nice sized tupperware tub. however big you want your water section to be. i would actually look for one that about a third of the tank. trim it's height to your desired height and you can build your false bottom in that. kind of like i said using plexi to make a mini tank inside the tank. something like this:

sorry for the dirty stuff, it's my not so ready for prime time carnivorous tank....lol
i hope you can get where i'm coming from on this. once it's trimmed, you can literally plant the sucker and it will go away. and your water feature and be framed out by branches and mosses so it doesn't look as geometric. i hope that makes sense. the most important thing is that you trim the sealing lip off the top, then it becomes a small open tank in the tank. otherwise, i have no freaking clue how to make a water feature in a tank that can't have water in it.....LOL
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote