The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Geniusdudekiran's ADA Mini S Iwagumi "Treeless Mountain" Updated 12.02.12
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #1208
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Looking great, Kiran. That's some serious growth from back in the early days of the tank.

Have been wondering something about that fixture, though. How much heat does it put off? Any impact on water temperature?
Thanks, Jake! It certainly is, and it's a lot lower maintenance, as well (ahhh... ).

Good question. The light went off some ten minutes ago for the night, and I just got up to touch it to see for you. The bulb and fixture are cool to the touch. Tomorrow when it's running I'll do the same. I will say, though, that when I'm doing trims, if my arm makes contact with the fixture for even about a minute, it's not painful or a bother, just warm. So I would say that it has no significant impact on the temperature of the tank (not that it could get much warmer here for December, 76*F!).

And finally, I never really congratulated you on your new administrative duties, so congratulations!