The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Stocking Help 180 Gallon (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
msawdey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchance View Post
Yeah I really am starting to like the idea of angels.. More active than discus too. I put my details and replaced the Discus with Angels and AqAdvisor said I would have to upgrade to a large tank eventually if I put 6 Angels in. As in, the site thought 6 would grow to large for my tank?

How accurate is that?

I had 14, am down to 9 now.. They still school together though one still looks a bit off..

When you say white spot bacterial infection do you mean a bacterial infection around the gashes left by the parasite? I can't see any surface mold, fungus and growths on any of them... That's why I was concerned it was the water doing something to them.

Thanks for the input - I'm really being persuaded towards angels. And then I can keep the temp closer to 28... Should that be okay with the Rams still? I know other species would appreciate the lowered temp
For stocking, it fully depends on what age you get the fish. If they are young, around quarter to half dollar size, you could easily put up to 20 in a 180. Personally, I wouldnt. Full grown I would say 3-4 pairs would be perfect for that tank depending on how much plant growth you have. I would say if you go the young route, start out with 10-12 angels.

As far as the issue with the schoolers, I am not sure what is going on. I think if you have more loss though, you really need to consider taking them out. possibly getting a UV light if you dont have one hooked up to filtration may help with future issues, but I would probably dose the tank with a general antibiotic after removing some of your bioballs from your filters (they can last a few days (3) in tank water set aside) while you are dosing with antibiotic. After you dose, do a large water change again and replace bioballs