The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 7/1 w/Video+submersed PICS!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #224
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (68/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

It arrived in excellent condition, due to your awesome, and somewhat "unique" packaging!

I have it tacked on and being held in place by a zip tie overnight so it can set. Nice green to it, but it certainly does have a nice red speckling on it. I will see what I can do to bring that out more!

I decided to try something a bit different to use on the branches instead of pure long fiber sphagnum. I had bought some background panels....I think they're called "tree bark panels." I cut some rows off of these panels and crushed them up with my fingers, and mixed it with a handful of sphagnum moss that I ripped up as well. I then used Tilly-tack on the Manzy branches that were bare or had been covered initially by only long-fiber sphagnum, spread it around with my fingers, and took the LFS+crushed up panel mixture, and pressed this mixture onto the Tilly-tack. It has a much nicer and cleaner look, and I will probably end up replacing all the LFS with this mixture eventually. It's messy, but I like it more, and it holds moisture nicely, too!