The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Calling all DIY LED "Junkies" - Your opinions wanted!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #141
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
Nice. I'll be following. Hope to work this into a planned full-spectrum build for my 200 gallon! I won't need the controller, but the LM3409 would be great for either XM-L or 100W chinese chip array build.
Thanks Cheesehead!

Let me know if you want any PCB build files for the LM3409. I've been playing around with a few different designs lately and found that they're a lot more flexible with their input voltages/ output voltages, than I'd previously thought. I'd built most of mine to drive 50 watt BridgeLux multi-emitter arrays that have a Vf of 24.4v and need 2,000 ma, but I've found that the same drivers will also drive much higher voltages and lower currents too.
225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ twin Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Custom 320 watt LED Lighting system utilizing a 6' Maker's Heat Sink, 12 BridgeLux Vero 18's,3 purpose built 5 channel A6211 Led driver/Controllers, and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
O2surplus is online now   Reply With Quote