So I decided that I should go ahead and hook up my CO2 system seeing as how I took some time during my lunch to get my bottle refilled. That turned out to be a free endeavor because I teach the son of the welding supply manager! This job DOES
have its perks!!
Unfortunately, my needle valve was clogged completely. I had to take remove it from the rest of my regulator/solenoid and, using a 1/16" drill bit, drill out the clog. Honestly, this was a simple, ten minute task. Here's a shot of the system up and running (Please try to overlook the nasty, old vinyl tubing):
I'm currently running it at ~1-2 bbs. I can't find my drop checker, so I'm just going to take it easy on the flow rate for the time being. I'm in the market for a good drop checker or a good DIY idea. Let me hear your idea(s).
I have a plant order that should be here tomorrow. I've also picked up some stuff on the SNS. Everything should be here by week's end. Here's a list of what I purchased so far:
I'M STILL LOOKING FOR LOBELIA CARDINALIS, SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP!!!
- Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis
- Red Melon Sword
- Anubias Nana
- Red Tiger Lotus
- Blyxa Japonica
- Cryptocoryne Parva
- Jungle Val
This, as you probably know, is a very exciting part of keeping a planted tank, the wait for your stuff!!