The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Karatekidís ADA 60-P Broken Mountain 4/21/13- Time to Restart
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
jmhart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Tank looks great. I'm about to redo my 60-P, with a very simliar setup.

A few questions:

1)You're running a 2213 as your filter and separately you're running a Mag 2.5 for your co2 reactor? Do I understand that correctly?From your specs sounded like maybe the 2213 was busted and you were using a Mag 2.5 to push water through it (using the eheim as just a cannister with no eheim pump...which would be a really ingenius solution to a busted cannister filter pump).

2)Have you used the 2213 alone on the tank without the Mag 2.5? How was the flow. I've got a 2215 on mine right now and the flow is way too strong. Screws up my 'scape and stresses my fish. Wondering if the 2213 will be slow enough.

And a comment/suggestion:

You said that the Mag 2.5 is loud. Have you thought about running your co2 inline before the filter? I've been doing this for years and letting my cannister filters double as co2 reactors. Haven't had any problems and it does a great job of dissolving the co2. Been doing it on eheims for at least 5 years.
jmhart is offline   Reply With Quote