The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Weird tanks, Need Ideas...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Ulupica
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Weird tanks, Need Ideas...

I have obtained 2 tanks that are designed to stack one atop the other. The tanks are approximately 50" long, and the front is 17" tall at the rim while the back is at 22". The ends are 26" tall, I suppose to allow height for lighting when stacked. The back is drilled with a 1.25" hole about 15" above the bottom. Up to the hole it should hold about 65 gallons or so.

I'm trying to decide what to do with them. The plastic edging designed to keep them centered while stacking is falling apart so I don't really want to try stacking them. They should be fine rimless once I remove the plastic edging.

The sides and back are painted blue but it comes off with a razor blade and some elbow grease.

I have an idea that they could be used for nice paludariums. Maybe a carved foam background, painted up nice, with room for plants. I could carve out a space for an internal filter for the water portion? I'm sure i could seal the hole in the back if necessary with a bulkhead or just silicone a glass patch over it, but I probably wouldn't use water to that depth anyway so it wouldn't need to be all that watertight.I could even run the tubing for a canister filter through the holes and into spaces in the foam.

Any ideas? I haven't made up my mind on anything yet so any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ulupica; 12-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Fumble-thumbs while typing :)
Ulupica is online now   Reply With Quote