The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Poor Man's Spray Bar
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
FlyingSheep
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Poor Man's Spray Bar

Well, thanks for everyone's help on the spray bar. I've just finally put it together, overall I was able to save on some PVC by mooching off of my father, as well as the primer. Thanks to that, the overall cost was about 13$. 4$ for the glue, 5$ for the paint, and four in PVC parts. And here she is, I figured I would share. The plastic tape at the bottom is covering a 16/22 male hose adapter which will connect to my inline CO2 diffuser.

Special thanks too Moose, it's because of his initial picture that inspired me to do this set-up. And in the long run, being able to mold the pipes to however I please really seems like the only way I'll be doing things from here on out. It's just way too easy to get what you want.

OLD POST
So, I've been thinking of building a spray bar for my Rena canister filter. The reason I want to build it out of normal plumbing pies as it's going to be perfect for my specifications. That, and it looks like I would need to buy this little gal (as I'm missing some pieces): http://www.planetrenadirect.com/prod...ries-Tray.html

I'm willing to spend money on my planted tank. But 60$ compared to 5$ (I already have aquarium safe silicon) does seem like I'm just tossing money down a money bit filled with money eating piranhas.

Worth the effort? Anyone try this before? Anyone care?

Or, I could just piece together the connector and just buy the spray bar itself. http://www.planetrenadirect.com/c=2T...praybar-E.html

Thoughts, opinions, and comments are all appreciated. Thank you.
-Sheep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121214_180903_727.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	58919  

Last edited by FlyingSheep; 12-15-2012 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Added pictures.
FlyingSheep is offline   Reply With Quote