The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Cloudy Water after API AlgaeFix dosing
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
Steelwolve
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbrain View Post
You can do it this way, but it is all gone in a few hours since it binds to organic matter really well.

If you hit it 3x in a row, it should be more effective and just as safe for livestock. Shrimp may tolerant it better if you do every 3 days. But no one should be treating this stuff with a CRS tank anyhow........Fires, cherrys, Amano's, seem not to like it, but survive and are fine afterwards.

If you catch the algae early on, then one single treatment is all that is required. No need to repeat.

For folks using this stuff: focus on your CO2, reduce your lighting , one of those two or both. You will keep having issues till you do.
Thanks for the reply, I have had the worst time with my new 1st attempt at high tech, I battled through Diatoms with the addition of Oto cats and got the hair algae to finally stay away and now Ive been hit with this green water all other attempts to correct have failed so since I cant get a UV steralizer right now im giving the Algafix a try,
so far: Switched to 8 hr photo period, and took co2 to 4bps and on 24/7.
day 1 of treatment: Dosed 2.9ml into 29g tank,
day 3 dosed 2.9ml, still very cloudy though not as green,
day 4: is now and I just dosed another 2.9ml, still looks real cloudy Im gonna do an 80% water change tomorrow, and hope the cloudyness clears up.
Its been green for a month now but suprisingly my plants are doing good from what I can see.

Also if the cloudiness remains will that be a sign that I have a bacteria bloom also? Since the green is fading but its still so cloudy?
Sorry to hijack the thread.
Steelwolve is offline   Reply With Quote