The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sales Event!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #31
sowNreap
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post
Actually there was advisement to wait.

This is the "advice" I was referring to. I wasn't referring to anything YOU said. And the big als forum member, if you read below, states that most of the sales were not yet up, so at what point do you know it's a "good price"? They stated that most sales were not up yet but failed to mention that several sales would also end on BF. And actually I did check the site, at least twice a day in fact. Thanks.
Ok .. Sorry thought you was referring the what I said. Yeah, it's hard to know when it's a great price rather than a regular sale price unless you're tracking prices for several weeks on the items you're interested in. And harder still when some prices are BF prices and others are previous week sale prices.

Sears did something similar in that their online pre-BF "doorbuster" sale Wed night had items that was going to be on sale Thursday but some from the previous weeks ad which were just regular sale items going off sale that night. One of the pitfalls of BF moving up to Thursday instead of Friday.