The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Have a pet(s)? Share a pic here!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Just looking at that pic, I cam tell you dod a great job raising them.

I believe each dog we own prepares us for the next one in some manner.

I won't be bring in another dog until Travis is 6 (18mos.) he deserves some
individual attention as he was in the Rottweier's shadow his whole life. The next will be a girl and I am going to a low energy dog breed, maybe Bull Mastiff, Dogue de Bordeaux, or Boerboel. I really want a Komondor but I know I don't want to deal with the dreadlocks
Hey thanks. I appreciate that. It is a lot of dedication and hard work, but pays off everytime. My Dober-boy was beside himself for a little bit when he became the only dog, but soon decided it was a good thing. One dog = more attention = happy dog. So, I bet Travis is living the life as your one and only

I thought about getting a Boerboel. Found a great breeder out of South Africa. (through word of mouth) Almost got the pup. Then, I decided because we take so many vacations it wouldn't be a wise move being that they are very serious about guarding the families turf when the humans are gone against pretty much anyone. What incredibly powerful dogs! There's just something about powerful breeds that have a hold on me.

What about Rhodesian Ridgebacks? Very nice too...and Thai Ridgebacks are pretty neat.