The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - So, I'm using plants as reinforcers for my Psych project...
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Silmarwen
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well, the prof didn't indicate whether we were required to use positive or negative reinforcement, but I couldn't think of adequate negative reinforcements. Removing a plant sounds a little harsh It'd be a fantastic incentive, but I'd cheat on it so badly. As it is, I've settled on a token system--each stage of my goal has a different payment scheme, but I can earn anywhere from zero to three one-dollar tokens every day, depending on how long it takes me to get up.

Does the stick in carrot-and-stick refer to punishment? Because we were forbidden from including punishment in our strategies after someone jokingly(??) suggested using a shock collar to help reduce swearing. o_O

10g "Community" of nothing but Danios - 2g (barely) planted Betta - 2.5g Betta - 1g Pond Snail Repository

My aquascape style tends towards 'tall in the back, short in the front, lots and lots of green and stuff. And maybe a rock somewhere...'
Silmarwen is offline   Reply With Quote