Thread: Newt Tank Build
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #53
Learner
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Don't worry about tannins in the water. If you mix the titebond and fiber together, the titebond will actually seal the fiber in. And if you do get any tannins in the water, it will be nothing that some charcoal in a filter can't handle.
And i seriously wish i could make my backgrounds as detailed as yours. I just prefer to cover my shoddy craftsmanship with plants......lol
Your crazy! the builds you have gone thru this year are epic. I cant wait for Madagascar to be finished so we can start on the buttress tree build!

as you can see I went with some more titebond under the waterline and added some more details. So glad to hear you havent had tannin issues. I am jsut about finished with the BG and can hardly wait to plant it and get it growing. Forcing myself to be patient and do it right. I want everything cured and set before I add substrate. I am gonna try and silicone the pieces in the tank within the next couple of days. Whaddya think......2 weeks for the silicone to cure completely before adding life?? I will probably wait 3-4 days and then add some water + pump + charcol. Any thoughts or critiques welcomed
Learner is online now   Reply With Quote