The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Finally getting ready to start building a pond!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Zefrik
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Design Help Needed!!!

So first things first. I am wanting to build this pond the right way the first time. But I am also on a budget. So I am going to have to find a balance between the two.

First off I will most likely be using 45ml EPDM pond liner. I am going to use some parachute cord to get a very accurate measurements AFTER the hole has been dug. This will allow me not to worry about choosing a specific size liner and getting stuck with it.

For the water circulation and maintenance I am starting to lean towards a bottom drain. The 3in Tetra system/kit to be exact. But I am not 100% sure how to connect a pump up to these.

I am also thinking about a skimmer, but that is not as much of a priority because of the expense that one can cost. My thoughts are that I can get a net to put over the pond to avoid leaves in the fall, and we all know that everything is affected by gravity so what is at the surface will end up at the bottom, in which, the bottom drain has it covered.

Take a look at this (very crude) microsoft paint sketch I made and see if there is anything wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pondsystem1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	57655  

Zefrik is offline   Reply With Quote