The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Newt Tank Build
Thread: Newt Tank Build
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #48
Learner
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

So I finally got around to putting on my third and fourth layer of drylok onto the BG. Coloration and detail was tricky and just didnt turn out according to vision, but overall I am still content with the colors.

I need your guys' help with the final little touches to make it look better.

I used titebond for the coco fiber on the walls and I would like to use some of it below the water line (right now it is all above the 9 inch water level). I am however afraid of tannins leaching thru the titebond and into my water. I want clear water for this build. Do you think the waterproof titebond will keep it from leaching??

I would also like some moss on the walls as well. I have used silicone and gorilla glue in the past with the moss from LFS. It of course turns brown in less than a month and often breaks off. Any other thoughts or ideas?? I know with lush plant growth, the BG will be masked a great deal and look much more realistic. I am also not quite done with the detailing just yet.

Anyways, heres the time for critiques. Dont be shy, your only making me and my build better. We spend so many hours working on these things and staring at them, that sometimes its hard to step back and be as objective as we should.
Oh btw, I am almost out of room for attachments. Not sure what I should do.
Cheers mates

JD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2796.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	57540  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	189.9 KB