The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Going to Japan, any recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAroock View Post
Hi,

I'm going to Japan next week for 16 days. Can anyone give suggestions on places I can visit that's aquascaping related or of hobby interest (LFS?/koi farm)?

Very unfortunate I wont be able to schedule a visit the Aqua Design Amano Gallery (ADA Nature) which opens only on Sundays.

Any places in Tokyo metropolitan and Osaka/Kyoto?
Having lived there for 2 years, I can suggest a plethora of places to visit.

16 days is not a lot of time, how are you splitting up your time between Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka?

If you are flying into Narita and also out of Narita (necessitating a round trip to Kyoto and back), then I would suggest a JR pass and then taking the shinkansen. However, if you are flying into Narita and then flying out from Kansai, then the JR pass may not be necessary (check the costs; a round trip shinkansen ticket from Tokyo to Osaka is about $350).

Unfortunately, during this time, there is unlikely any outdoor farms that will be open...however, there are lots of stores in the Tokyo and Osaka area. If you are going to be doing shopping for equipment, I would suggest you look around the stores first; different stores will often have cheaper prices/discounts on ADA equipment (cheaper than MSRP).

Of course, other than stores, you can always check out Japanese gardens as well as temples. This time of year is excellent, particularly in Kyoto due to the leaves changing colours.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote