The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Speedie's Shrimp Pix Collection pt. II **NEW SHRIMP PHOTOS - 8/28/14**
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #311
speedie408
ShrimpKeeprExtraordinaire

PTrader: (391/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Shrimp View Post
That pbl is stunning! Is there a name for that diamond on the side of the first pbl pic??
Bryce - thanks! I'm not sure if there's a specific name for that pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
I love the first picture of the feather prl! Every time I see one of your pictures I come a little closer to breaking down and buying a DSLR and macro lens! Just so expensive
Don't buy a DSLR because you want to take pics of shrimp... buy one because you want to learn how to take GREAT looking pictures of everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_gwinner View Post
Nice pics as always Nick as well as shrimp. Will the CBS shrimp, even the PBL, never have a shell as white as the CRS cuz of the blue hue that gives them the black coloring? Or are they just not bred as much as the CRS to get to the state that most PRL are in. I mean your PBL are pretty white, just saying havent seen many that have the white like say some of the CRS that our out there.
Thanks! Seeing several lines of PBL compared to PRL, the white does look different and is much more noticeable up close and personal. The white on the PBL is more of a yellowish white compared to PRLs crisp snow white. I don't know why it's like this.
speedie408 is offline   Reply With Quote