The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Finish or sell my ADA setup? I don't know what to do.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
TexasCichlid
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
If tanking brings you joy and you can make ends meet without selling it, then keep it. If you need the cash, you need the cash.

You can get diffusers and bubble counters for a couple bucks each on eBay if you decide to keep it. DIY CO2 may be an option if you prefer to remain high-tech. Using champagne yeast could get you a couple months of CO2 power.

I've found that I need at least something to keep me occupied when times are tough. Since tanking is cheaper than going to the movies, paying for high-end cable packages and such? I'd pick the tank. I'd also go low-tech, as others suggested. Would sell the HC and get plants that require less effort.
Well said. If you don't have CO2, that HC is not going to make it. At least not very well. You are also woefully under-planted in general. That's going to cause issues, CO2 or not.

Honestly? Sell your lights, the HC before it dies or becomes covered in algae and your CO2 equipment that you have bought. With that money, buy some driftwood and focus on buying plants. Tom Barr, plantbrain here, has a terrific selection. Ask him for some gnarled/burled pieces and you can do a nice woodigumi. h4n here sells a lot of nice ferns and mosses and many anubias varieties. Those will be your staples. Also, buy a Finnex Fugeray, will provide low to medium light and you won't need to hang it 10 feet above your tank. Lily pipes can wait. I doubt you will want to deal with maintaining the HC, even if it grew properly despite the lack of CO2. I know I did not.
TexasCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote