The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 90P Medium Tech
Thread: 90P Medium Tech
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Mau5
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Alright, here's the first update

On the contrary to the first post, the two bulbs in the fixture is one 7500k and one 10,000k. Each at 39W.

3 bags of aquasoil looked like it was waaaay too much when the tank wasn't full of water.

So currently, the tank is kind of stopped dead in its tracks . Let me humor you with a quick little story...

I brought the tank home about two Saturdays ago. First thing I did when I got the stand into the house was level it as best I could. I had no idea how unlevel my home's floor really was. I ended up using 4 shims in total to get it all ready. Next thing I did was get the awesome wood out from the basement. It was washed as soon as it was brought home, so I didn't bother doing that again. After getting the hardscape just as I liked it, I commenced filling it with water. I was actually very happy with how things were going (very little debris coming from the soil), until the water level was about 5 inches above the substrate. Instantaneously, all the driftwood jumped up and started floating in the tank . That was not cool.... but the worst part was that I didn't bother taking pics up until today.

Well, besides that, I can't help but stare at the tank everyday for at least a half hour. The darn thing looked so good even when it was empty .

Small question, i'm getting a kind of film starting over the tank. I always rinse my hands real well before working on stuff in the tank. Am I going to have to opt for a protein skimmer or is there some other way to solve this?

Like I said before, all comments and suggestions well appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01916.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	57239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01921.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	57240