The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My attempt at a 90gal Tall Riparium
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
MGap
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to MGap

Okay, so as I mentioned there are a few little issues that I am having in the tank and I'm trying to figure out what they are.

First of all, excuse me because I completely forgot to bring the list of names with me so Im not too sure what this one is called. But as you can see, the leaves on this little darling plant have sort of shriveled at the ends and are becoming slightly transparent and scrunched up.

Yesterday I went through and cleaned everything as best as I could, trimmed off the dead leaves and added some stuff but this is before the cleaning. Im not really sure whats causing it, it seems to be the only plant having this issue. Ive looked through to see if I can find any mites or anything but the most I saw was an ant (and those are all over my house anyways). Any help here would be much appreciated.

The second thing is with the Leather Fern. I know the tips get a little brown, but these are just extremely burnt. At first, I thought that maybe it was just damage suffered in shipping, but there is what it looked like last week:

I cut off the dead leaves during my clean-up yesterday. There are two new leaves in their place so she seems to be okay, Ill have to keep an eye on how she does.

So, here is the planted part of the tank the way it sits today:

Sorry for the crappy photo, I took it in a hurry today just to get a shot. I added two ghetto home made hanging planters that are hidden behind the existing trellis rafts. Each new planter contains two ribbon plant shoots. They really filled in the space.
Ill take some close up of the plant growth tonight.

Oh, and in case youre wondering, the oscar ate all the water lettuce.
All of it.
MGap is offline   Reply With Quote