The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Questions on MTS, Osmocote, K-L-N, Worm Castings, Leonardite, etc.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Thumbs down Questions on MTS, Osmocote, K-L-N, Worm Castings, Leonardite, etc.

Anybody have some extra MTS they can sell? Also, does anybody have any tips on using this material in an emersed set-up? What are your thoughts on mixing worm castings?

I've been doing some research, but I am still pretty much a novice when it comes to this stuff; I've never used MTS before. Most of this substrate/chemistry stuff I research is way over my head anyway. I guess I was never that into chem -- always more of a math/physics guy myself

Anyway, during my "research," I read that mixing some azomite and leonardite with the MTS will help with the humates or something like that? Anybody have any experience or comments? I know it leeches a yellow color, (I think) into the water, but I don't care as long as it helps. Especially for an emersed set-up, who cares about the water color lol?

If anyone has any useful links to some literature or forums where I can read more about this stuff, i.e. the different cycles going on in the soil and whatnot, that would be much appreciated! Even if some of it does go over my head

Also, what's the deal with these Osmocote tabs everyone's selling? Are they an alternative to using something like MTS? Or would you sprinkle the stuff underneath the MTS? Or just not combine them at all?

And does anybody have experience with using K-L-N for rooting during emersed planting, and what are your thoughts?

Also I came across the term menefee humates. I'm in a rush and gotta get out the door, so I can't comment on that right now, but if anybody else can that'd be awesome, thanks! And again, if you have some MTS you can sell, let me know please, thanks!
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote