The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Low Tech Tank Show-and-Tell (low tech can be lush, too! =)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #848
Matt1977
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1542 View Post
Looking through this thread, I see amazing tank after amazing tank! Very inspirational to see time and time again, amazing low tech tanks. Makes me reflect on how great it is to have a lush planted tank to stare at.

So here is my main tank I think a fitting name for it would be "Pumpin sunshine", it's always changing, always trying a new plant. Here are 2 pictures taken months apart:

Here are the specs:
14g Biocube
Light: 70W Sunpod (16.5") HQI metal halide
Sub: Fluval Shrimp Stratum
Ferts: Osmocoat +
CO2: No, I want my shrimp to succeed
Inhabitants: Shrimp...various
Happy Plants: Various moss, E. tennelus Chain sword, marb queen sword, limnophilia hippruoides(new not pictured), Pho Rotala indicata, Misc Crypts.
Fav plant: E. Tennellus, Spreads furiously, the LFS loves to buy it off me. Does great in my setup.
Plants that did not work: Ludwigia peruensis, HM, HC, These plants did not appreciate the lack of CO2, and/or were impossible to keep planted given my horrible substrate.
Low tech Lesson learned: Do not use the tap water in my area. Began to use it, in came the black brush, went back to RO, no more BBA.
Awesome... Very cool.
Matt1977 is offline   Reply With Quote