The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 20g long "The Root Beginning"
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #14
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
That driftwood and scaping is awesome, looks a lot bigger than it is. Whats the substrate on that tank? Aqua soil with gravel? Almost looks like florite.

Interesting lighting setup too, I have the same light and tank.

Looks like an aqueon duel t5 fixture(at least thats what I have). What type of clamps are those? Been thinking of ways to spread the light out more evenly over the tank and that could work for me considering I think I have the same lighting.

Edit: Looks like its a coral life actually so not what I have, same design though. The bars coming out of the side seem a bit flimsy so I'd be iffy about just seating them on some clamps D:
the substrate is eco complete mixed in with fluorite with a little play sand sprinkled on the top haha, but the flimsy bars i didnt think were going to hold it sold enough but somehow it seats like the clamps were made for it. it actually takes a little effort to pull the light off of how it sits. i use to have the light just resting on top but like you said i wanted to spread the light source out a little bit so i came up with this cheap solution can get the clamps at the hardware store for a couple bucks super easy.
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote