The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 33gallon long (with 55g sump!)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #30
biogenetic40379
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

good to know about the eco complete. I would like to get a good substrate that will last along time. Since the tank is being set up, i might do dry ferts in the bed. I have osmocote. I have a menard's in town, sounds like they would probably have it, if not, i can order it from Grainger. I am looking at close to 60lb rough estimate in substrate to get the proper banks. Went to Hobby lobby, they only had thin clear plastic sheets, so i will try and make them work as substrate braces. Also picked up some cholla wood for my shrimp tank for like $3....Score.

Back to safe T Sorb, i read some threads about it, seems like a mixed debate, some people are saying it is breaking down, others are saying it awesome. Didn't know if anyone wants to chime in here and clear things up

And finally, i need Staurogeyne Repens (Spell check?) I think this will make a better carpet than HC. Two other plants i need as well, but i cannot recall the names atm. Gonna go out to the local landscaping stores for rocks, since my $10 mother/father stone was the only cool one left at the lfs.

Thanks again for the input everyone

EDIT: oyea, duh, i have a tractor supply across town