Tank update: Nearing the end of the Nitrite spike and think it will be ready for livestock within a couple weeks, as planned.
May end up waiting even longer to add critters so I can let Crypts regenerate and grow in a bunch.
pH is holding at around 7. It's not exactly where I'd like it for Cories but I think they'll do well. Depending upon hardness of my tap water, I may end up filtering it with peat or mixing with RO.