The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My 55 gallon adventure! Updated 12/4
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #21
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Default Getting it moving again

So after the smackdown that I laid on the BBA with excel spot dosing I melted my Val.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	53.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	57057

You can see the damage I did with the excel (lesson learned)

Name:	55.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	57058

However the good news is that there appears to be a few runners coming off so I gave the bigger leaves a STRONG trimming to get rid of any leaves which didn't appear healthy or with spots that appeared to be excel ridden. The good news is that in doing that I moved a few of them around and the root system is awesome so I'm hoping for a good bounceback!

I have been getting some great growth out of the 2x2 flame moss mesh (which has shot up overnight, great moss from H4n)

Name:	54.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	57059

The Xmas moss has had good growth and in fact with tonight's trimming I was able to finish covering the rock up front there so now I can get ready to start moving it across the other rocks

Name:	56.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	57060

And here is the current tonight The swordlets look good and the LFS had a plant with red so I figured that I would give it a try

Name:	57.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	57061

Also on a sidenote the algae issue has pretty much cleared up as well, I have adjusted lighting and have lightened up the fert dosing so coupled with the addition of some bristlenose plecos have really turned that issue around, I only found 1 or 2 very small dots tonight on the glass.

Thanks for dropping by, I will be posting some new pics of my 10 gallon tomorrow, I'm redoing it to get ready for some shrimp
drewsuf82 is online now   Reply With Quote