The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 120 Gallon ADA "like", ditched, Dutch style new pics 137
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #1505
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (49/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
dont give up. i had the same issue. but now in the same setup but with more CO2, i have r. macrandra variegated doing quite nicely, and r. macrandra green doing well too.
try planting a stem of it right between your foreground and midground. it wont look nice, but thats where the water is least likely to stagnant IME, and thus CO2 should be the most available as fresh CO2 rich water from the diffuser constantly washes over the leaves. if it does fine there, then you know what your issue is.
I'm not giving up on it yet. Lets just say I'm moving on. I had my rotala magenta in the midground of the tank and I could see the bubbles blowing all around the plant. It was doing alright for the first 2 months then it started stunting on new growth. The problem is I have been trying a few different methods of co2 diffusion over the past few months and during my experimentation there was some times the co2 wasn't ideal. I'm sure I will try it again sometime. It is a beautiful plant
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote