The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Newt Tank Build
Thread: Newt Tank Build
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #38
Learner
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hopin you guys can help me out. I jsut got a shipment of plants for the tank and they were all a melted waste. Looks like I am stuck with the few things that out new petco can get and what is already in my tank.

Hygro cory will grow emmersed right? How humid does it need to be in order for that to take place?

I wasnt planning on running a drip system or a fogger, but could probably get one if necessary. I was hoping for a tight seal on my versa top and manual spray bottle a few times a week to add moisture in the air.

What are some very common plant options that a guy like me in the north woods could get a hold of? I am only going to have about 8.5 inches of water and 2.5 inches of substrate. Not the greatest I know (wish i was building a 90g).

I am also starting to think about ferts for this set up. I want lush plants and am wondering if I will be using my dry ferts or not. I have a T5 Odyssea fixture 2 bulb model with fair reflectors at best. Am I gonna have problems without CO2? I am not going to ever do a DIY yeast set up again so I guess its low tech all the way. I have no idea how to fertilize a low tech tank. I am getting a little ahead of myself but would love any advice you guys may have. What should I do here??
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote