The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My White's Tree Frog Paludarium (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #12
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

you're not missing anything. and they really don't trash it all that bad. i am normally removing broken leaves and stuff. but when they hunt, man, they do not care what is in their way. it's a riot to watch. i have seen them leap directly into the glass to catch a cricket. when i first got them, they were in my 60g viv and i fed them just before lights out. i kept hearing a banging noise from the tank every feeding night. that's when i found out they we leaping from the highest branches to the bottom and into the glass to catch their food. i felt bad at first, but they just shook it off and ate another cricket. LOL
i originally was building this for dendrobates leucomelas, but as i started sourcing plants, it seemed i was unconsciously choosing plants better suited for white's than darts, so i just went with it. savvy people notice the hide hut in the left front. that was for the leucs. i have only seen my white's in there once and that was because he chased a cricket in there.....lol
my new one though, that's for mantellas. 40B paludarium. when i get further along with it, i'll start a thread on it.
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote