Thread: My introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
greenthumbs
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default My introduction

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing these forums for some time now, and id have to say you have inspired me to start a planted tank. I have been studying horticulture for many yrs, but never dabbed into water plants, so here i am.

Currently I have a 45 gal with a pleco and cichlid, which was saved from a toilet flush. I had to add a tank divider because the pleco was being harrassed and looked stressed.

I also have an indoor pond with two female RES turtles, Shelly 30 yrs old, adopted 15 yrs ago and Missy 25 yrs old adopted about 5 months ago. The pond/enclosure 6 foot by 4 foot, has a 120 gal plastic breeding tank, with pondmaster filter (floss, carbon pad, and 2 types of bio media inside).

I adopted another 1 yr old female RES named BLUE about 2 months ago, which i keep in a 55 gal filled just over half way.

Right now my "planted tank" is cycling with some comet goldfish waiting for my plants to arrive from [Ebay Link Removed]

I love the DIY ideas i have seen, and the advice is really amazing, i look forward seeing more and learning more as time goes on.

Thanks everyone for your time and feel free to drop me a line.
greenthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote