Originally Posted by BBradbury
Pretty good pics. The stuff just looks like a variety of hair algae. I had it in my 55 Gs at one time. It grew on plants and even on my tank heaters. Very fine stuff. But pretty.
Anyway, reduce the amount you feed. By reducing the dissolved nutrients in the water, there won't be enough to sustain the algae, so it will start to shrink.
I feed my fish and plants just a little a couple of times a week. Fish and plants are extremely small and don't require much food. In nature, they're fortunate to eat once a week, so don't overdo it and you won't have algae problems.
That is not hair algae. It's most definitely BBA. Check the sticky at the top of this forum and look under the Algae resource guide.