The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - GCCA Swap Meet - November 11th
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
shinycard255
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
I have a quick question about this swap meet. I live about an hour, give or take depending on traffic, from where the meet is held. I have seen that these come around once in a while and think it would be neat to go to. So, this may be harder to answer, but is it worth the drive to go to this when another comes around? I would think I would need to bring a cooler to keep things warm and safe for a drive just in case. Thanks!

BTW, I have looked through the GCCA website and it is amazing that there is such a dedicated group of people with this hobby. Around me there is only saltwater clubs, and I'm all freshwater .
It's worth it. A lot of stuff you won't see at your LFS, plus almost all the fish (if not all) are from legit breeders so you are getting good quality. Decent plant selection usually too. A lot of low-tech plants, but you run across the others once and a while too.

Today they had 2x 50G Metaframe tanks and also a 10G Metaframe. I wanted to take the 10G, but I had to walk away. Don't know where I would put it , plus I doubt the wife would be too happy either
The Fraternity of Dirt #42
Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!

Tanks: 60G | 5.5G | Evolve4
shinycard255 is online now   Reply With Quote